New Post Free State – Welkom:
A Pharmacy Manager / Responsible Pharmacist is needed for a Pharmacy in a brand new hospital as follows:
- Gross CTC Salary: up to R61,500 per month depending on experience, plus a performance based bonus. The CTC includes Medical aid and Provident.
- Requirements: A min of 2 years of Private Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy experience, with a min of 2 years of Management experience. Must have strong management/leadership skills and experience and have an understanding of SA healthcare industry
- Working hours: Mon-Fri: 8am – 5pm, Sat: 8am – 1pm as overtime (2 per month), Sun: 8am – 1pm as overtime (2 per month)
- Company information: Recently renovated private hospital (140 beds), Spacious pharmacy, Opportunity to develop systems and build pharmacy team. ER, and maternity services. Hospital to open likely in May 2018.
- Setting up a new pharmacy in terms of stock structuring, supplier liaison, organisation and process structuring, developing standard operating procedures and recruitment of pharmacy staff.
- Clinical pharmacy – Provide a professional advice and counseling service to doctors, patients and the public. Participate in structures that manage formularies, new products, alternative products and general product quality control
- Inventory management – Managing the procurement of stock according to needs and within approved preferred or contract supplier structures. Measuring and evaluating stock activity levels for stock and re-ordering purposes
- Profit management – Evaluate KPI performance of pharmacy taking action as may be appropriate e.g. gross margin % and cost of sales %
- Statutory requirements – Meet all legal requirements as laid down by the SAPC and any other regulatory bodies
- Staff management – Ensure pharmacy is adequately and professionally staffed at all times to meet the needs of the hospital 24 hours per day – i.e. including call out rosters, locum arrangements etc. Recruit, select and appoint new staff in conjunction with the Hospital Manager, ensuring that they meet the requirements of the job and hospital culture. Implement Performance Appraisals of staff
- Marketing – Build and maintain sound relationships with doctors, Nursing Staff, hospital staff, retail patients, hospital patients
- Continuous quality improvement – Determine acceptable turnaround times for delivery times of scripts to wards for patient medication and ensure consistency of service. Determine acceptable turnaround times for retail script dispensing so as to ensure consistent minimum patient waiting time (CQI)
- Management reporting – Prepare and submit concise, meaningful and appropriate reports for monthly management meetings covering all key pharmacy activities that impact on patient care, productivity, customer service levels, financial performance and any other area that may have clinical or other implications
- Labour relations – Be aware of the conditions contained in the Labour Relations Act, the Basic Conditions of Employment Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act that apply to hospitals and employment generally
- Asset management (loss control) – To ensure that all assets within the control of the Pharmacy (equipment, materials, stock, general stores etc) are efficiently managed. Secure the pharmacy from access by unauthorized persons
- Limits of Authority – Operate within determined limits of authority in the achievement of the strategic plan and any other agreed goals and objectives as approved by the Board of Directors
- Management Process – Apply the principles of the management process of planning, organising, leading and controlling in the day-to-day activities of all responsibilities of the Pharmacy so as to achieve agreed goals and objectives both in the short, medium and long term
- Leave per year: 15 working days
- Start date: ASAP
- Click here to apply for this position.